Mexican Street Corn
I know I say this every Thursday, but holy happy almost weekend, y’all!
How’s your week been going? The weather here has just been absolutely beautiful and it makes it really difficult to stay inside. I’ve got spring fever and I’ve got it bad! I want to spend every single waking minute outside in the sunshine – especially while it’s super nice and not to hot or humid.
Don’t worry. That’s coming too. Days of melting makeup and frizzy hair are in my future. But for now, we’ll take the gorgeous spring weather while we have it!
Speaking of spring. Thank goodness Game of Thrones is back! OMG. If you don’t watch it, you totally should. Start at the beginning. And while you’re at it, check out Sons of Anarchy. Oh! And Shameless. William H. Macy is awesome in this hot mess of a family!
I got a bit distracted there with my TV love. So, do you have any big plans for this weekend? Chris is going to West Virginia with a bunch of his friends for a camping and four wheeling adventure, so I’ve got the joint (and dogs) to myself this weekend. #bachelorettepadweekend
If you’re asking why I’m not going on this vacation (Chris’ term), then you obviously haven’t met me. I’m all about Dancing with the Stars, General Hospital, Nashville, manicures/pedicures, shoes, eyeshadow, lipstick, and all things pink. Sigh….
I do not belong in the woods, sharing a cabin with 20 people, and/or anywhere near mud unless it’s in a spa. It’s important to know your limitations.
Fortunately, I can stay home with my dogs and think about all things spring like sunshine, upcoming Cinco de Mayo parties, and Mexican Street Corn. Can you believe I’ve never had this deliciousness before? We decided that we needed Mexican Street Corn in our lives and with the upcoming Cinco de Mayo holiday we had to make this happen now. Dudes. It’s totally amazing. I have zero idea what in tarnation has kept me from doing this for the past 29 years (because that’s how old I am in my imagination), but it’s going to happen for the next 29!
Have a great weekend, friends! XO
P.S. It’s not too late to enter the $300 Amazon gift card giveaway! Today is the last day! Good luck!
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cojita cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- lime wedges for serving, optional
- Heat grill or grill pan over high heat
- Brush corn with olive oil
- Grill corn on all sides until charred, rotating often - 8 - 10 minutes
- Transfer mayonaise, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese, chili powder to a large serving bowl and stir to combine
- Add cooked corn and toss to coat also using a large spoon to make sure all the corn is completely coated
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and a few dashes of chili powder
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with limes, if using
Adapted very slightly from Serious Eats