The popsicle break was short-lived.
It’s just so dang hot, y’all! I can’t help mysel!. I actually made these during the Popsicle Week, but they didn’t make it to publication. Life, work, and all that jazz. Yada, yada, yada.
I had an abundance of kiwi in my fridge begging not to turn to slime and a honeydew melon that needed a purpose, so to borrow a phrase from Guy Fieri, they all went into the coconut water pool and became a green popsicle.
Speaking of pools, I’m on stay-cay from my real job this week, so we’re going to keep this short. I can’t leave you with images of steps like Jennifer demands, so I’ll just leave you with a bunch of photos of some green honeydew kiwi coconut popsicles.
I have the need to share my addiction.
There are worse things I could do. I borrowed that quote from Rizzo.
Have an awesome weekend, y’all!
- 1/2 small honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 4 kiwi, peeled and halved
- 6 ounces coconut water, divided
- Add honeydew and 1/2 the coconut water to a food processor or high speed blender and puree until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds 2/3 - 3/4 way full
- Add kiwi and remaining coconut water to a food processor or high speed blender and puree to combine - careful not to over blend because the kiwi seeds will darken the mixture
- Top remaining space of popsicle molds with kiwi mixture
- Cover, insert sticks, and freeze overnight
- If popsicles don't remove easily, run under warm water for 15 seconds and repeat as necessary - careful not to get inside the molds wet