After last weekend I’m ready for my staycation! Woot!
No alarm clocks, emails, or phone calls.
No commute downtown.
It’s nice to just stay home sometimes, don’t you think?
And enjoy the simplicity.
Traveling is certainly fun too, but sometimes I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.
So we’re staycationing and keeping things simple. Simple like some grilled plums and peaches with a balsamic fig reduction.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
- 2 pounds peaches and plums combined, halved and pitted
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fig preserves
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- handful of basil leaves, optional
- Put plums and peaches in a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine 1 cup balsamic vinegar and fig preserves in a saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is reduced by about half and thick, stir frequently (15 - 20 minutes)
- Grill peaches and plums over high heat 2 minutes each side, cut side first, pour remaining balsamic over top after turning
- Stack e peach and 3 plum slices alternately, top with goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic fig reduction
- Garnish with basil leaves if desired
- For an easy alternative you can just toss it all in a big bowl and call it a salad.