Happy Monday! How was your weekend?
Sometimes the simplest things are the best and I’m not trying to start out my week being all complicated.
Because life is complicated enough.
Let’s keep things simple on this Monday.
And have some spring comfort food.
I’m going to keep it simple and let this Roasted Asparagus Pesto Farfalle speak for itself.
I hope your week is uncomplicated.
- 12 - 15 asparagus spears
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 pound Parnesan, reserve a couple of tablespoons for garnish
- 1/4 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 pound uncooked farfalle pasta
- Couple of hand fulls of grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Spread asparagus out on a baking sheet, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt, roast for 10 - 12 minutes, and set aside to cool (time depends on size - you want it to be soft, but not overcooked or crunchy)
- Roughly cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces
- Combine asparagus, garlic, Parmesan, and almonds in a food processor, pulse several times to combine
- Slowly stream in olive oil with food processor running on low
- Toss pesto with warm pasta and top with tomato halves and Parmesan
Note: This pesto is best the same day it’s prepared.