Slow Cooker Beer Braised Beef Brisket Tacos with Chipotle Slaw
I decided to take a short break from my recent baking obsession and made some Slow Cooker Beer Braised Beef Brisket Tacos with Chipotle Slaw.
I’ve never really fancied myself a baker, but sometimes when life goes down the crapper, stress baking is where it’s at. But I can also totally get on board with stress free slow cooker comfort food. And beer. And beer braised beef brisket. And Tacos. And avocados. You get the idea.
It’s also almost time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo which means parties, pinatas, tacos, and margaritas! Who couldn’t be happy with all that?
- 2 pound beef brisket
- 24 - 36 ounces malty beer
- 6 - 8 garlic cloves
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 small can of chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
- 3 - 4 radishes halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- Cotija cheese
- Sliced avocados
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onions
- Transfer the brisket into a slow cooker
- Toss garlic on top
- Cover with beer
- Cook on low 24 hours, adding more beer or water if needed
- Chopp 2 - 3 of the chipotle peppers and add to a large bowl with 3 - 4 tablespoons of the adobo sauce
- Add the rest of the slaw ingredients and stir to combine
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and adjust season and spice level
- Heat a skillet on high heat and toast the corn tortillas for about 30 - 60 seconds on each side
- Add beef brisket to the tortilla, top with slaw and any additional desired toppings
- I used 2 36 ounce cans of Lazy Bird Brown Ale from Birdsong Brewing Company
- The beef brisket should be falling apart after cooking so long and slow, but it not, it can easily be shredded with a fork
- I prefer to use corn tortillas, but if flour tortillas or crunchy taco shells blow your dress up, by all means be all you can be!
- I don’t like things super spicy and used 2 chipotle peppers and 3 tablespoons of adobo, so feel free to add more spice or top with hot sauce or chopped raw spicy peppers