I have some confessions to make. I’ve been totally addicted to General Hospital since high school. And I used to be a flight attendant.
True story. I was a fly girl for Eastern Airlines before they went under. After that I flew for Southwest Airlines for several years.
All that happened in my twenties and before law school. Those were some crazy times, man. That’s all I’ve got to say about that…..
The point of this information is that I had this friend Tammi who was also a flight attendant and she made these stuffed mushrooms.
There is absolutely no point to the information about my life-long General Hospital addiction. I just felt like I needed to be honest with you and get that off my chest. I’m really glad we had this talk.
Back to the stuffed mushrooms. Life changing. Totally. They’ve been a staple and favorite appetizer in our house for years.
I was introduced to these little gems when I was pregnant with my daughter.
I was watching OJ run from the cops in his white Bronco on TV while experiencing these stuffed mushrooms for the first time.
- 10-12 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green parts diced
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 40 or so white mushrooms depending on size (I used 1 8 ounce package and part of another), 1/2 of the stems reserved and diced
- 1 - 1.5 sticks of butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cream cheese, green onions, and bacon in a bowl.
- Stuff cream cheese mixture into each mushroom cap, varying amount according to mushroom size
- Place all mushrooms into a baking dish
- Slice butter into 1/4 inch pieces and drop around mushrooms in baking dish
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes
- Serve immediately