Strawberry Lime Frozen Margarita
I think Mondays deserve booze.
I find it hard to believe that I’m alone with this opinion. Who’s with me? Strawberry Lime Frozen Margaritas for breakfast, anyone? No judgments here.
It’s the week of Cinco de Mayo and while I’ve shared Mexican Street Corn and Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa, life just isn’t complete until we’ve had a few cocktails. I’m up to my eyeballs over here in strawberries, so I decided that when life gives you strawberries, Strawberry Lime Frozen Margaritas are the way to go.
And I’m totally not joking about the amount of strawberries I have. I planted one tiny little strawberry plant last year in my garden and now it’s taken over one of my raised beds. I have so many that I even stopped fighting the birds for them! Needless to say, I have a lot of strawberry posts in the pipeline. I hope y’all like strawberries!
I’m keeping things short today. Because….tequila and Game of Thrones. ‘Nuff said.
Have a great week, y’all!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 3 small limes juiced, plus one lime sliced for garnish
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 3 cups ice
- sugar for coating glass rim
- margarita salt for coating glass rim
- Combine strawberries, tequila, triple sec, juice of 3 small limes, simple syrup, and ice in a blender and puree until combined and slushy
- Coat rims of glasses with sliced lime
- Combine sugar and margarita salt on a small plate
- Dip rims of glasses in sugar and margarita salt combination
- Fill glasses with frozen strawberry lime margarita and garnish with lime slices
This recipe made 4 margaritas