Since we’ve already trashed this week by starting out with beer and donuts on Monday, let’s just keep going with some S’mores Martinis and just call it booze week. You dig?
I don’t know about y’all, and I know I always say this, but I sure am ready for the weekend! It’s been tough going over here with all this trying to eat healthy during the week ’cause I’ve been complaining that my pants don’t fit for approximately 9.467 months and haven’t done anything about it until now.
All I’ve been eating are salads and fish during the week and dreaming of the beautiful weekend of stuffing my face into donuts, boozy ice cream, and chocolate-y, sticky, gooey, marshmallow-y S’mores Martinis.
I gotta be honest here too. I don’t even really love marshmallows. It’s a texture thing. But I’m serious as a train wreck when I tell you that when that stuff gets all melted and toasty I don’t know what in tarnation comes over me, but that stuff is DELICIOUS! Combine it with some chocolate booze and I’m a goner. No self control. Zero.
If you’re not busting out of your pants and don’t have to wait until the weekend to have yourself some indulgent S’mores Martinis, I highly recommend you get your self to the booze store STAT then swing by your local Publix or Teeter for some fluff, marshmallows, and graham crackers or crumbs – I usually get those ’cause I’m totally lazy and usually in a hurry to get to the good stuff and not necessarily in the mood for graham smashing. Although it depends on the kind of day I’ve had. Or how fast I need that martini in hand and down the hatch. Sometimes a good graham smashing is good for the mental health.
Sigh…. Is it Friday yet?
- 1 marshmallow
- 1-2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 3 ounces Creme de Cocoa
- 3 ounces Bailey's Irish Creme
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces heavy cream
- Transfer marshmallow cream to a bowl and microwave 15-20 seconds, stir
- Coat edge of martini glass with melted marshmallow cream
- Coat the marshmallow cream edge of the glass with graham crumbs, set aside
- Add marshmallow to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Toast marshmallow under broiler 1-2 minutes, rotate and toast another 30 seconds to 1 minute, rotate again and toast another 30 seconds to 1 minute, remove from oven and let cool while mixing the martini
- Add 5-6 ice cubes to a martini shaker
- Combine Creme de Cocoa, Bailey's, vodka, and heavy cream to shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or so
- Pour into prepared martini glass
- Garnish with toasted marshmallow
This recipe makes 1 martini with a small sidecar