Hi friends! How is your week going so far? Are you still digging your way out of the snow? Are you over snow and cold weather and ready for some comfort food?
I know I am. And I’ve got the cure for what ails ya. I’m not sure that there is a better comfort food than a big, melty, bacon-y, buter-y, grilled cheese. This one is a bit over the top with a combination of smoked gouda, fontina, and american cheeses. We also felt the need to throw in some bacon.
BTW – I have zero idea why in tarnation I have decided that I am a we. Just roll with it. And don’t judge me.
I joke you not. I think we had these grilled cheese sammies at least 3 times in one week. And now that the Super Bowl is right around the corner, we’re all thinking about some football appetizers and finger food. #KeepPounding #PanthersNation
You could totally quarter these into triangles or smaller square pieces and your friends can grab one with one hand to keep the other free to Dab with Cam, Luke, Greg, and the boys with all the touchdowns we hope to make!
Until next time friends!
And just because we are super excited here in the Sweet Carolinas
- 2 slices bread
- Melted butter to coat bread
- 1/8 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/8 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, each cut in have to make 4
- 1/8 cup Coco Loco Caramelized Onions
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium low heat
- Brush one side of one piece of bread with melted butter and transfer butter side down to skillet
- Top bread in pan with smoked gouda, then bacon, the fontina, then American, then onions
- Top with second slice of bread, smash down to make it stick together, brush top slice of bread with butter
- Grill until bottom slice of bread is golden brown and cheese is melting
- Carefully flip to brown the other side and melt the remainder of the cheese