Easy Grilled Watermelon and Feta Salad with Mint and Balsamic Reduction
We’ve been all things fall this week with back to school and football excitement, so it seemed like a good time to remember that we still have watermelon and summer produce for a little while longer. I don’t know about you, but I sure do love some grilled watermelon. Toss in some feta, mint, and balsamic reduction and I’m totally in the middle of summer even though we are staring Labor Day and the beginning of fall right in the face.
Speaking of Labor Day, this Easy Watermelon and Feta Salad would be absolutely perfect to take to the cookout, picnic, or whatever festivities you may have planned to celebrate the holiday and three day weekend! Woot! So, what are you plans this weekend? We decided to take a sort of last minute end of summer trip to the beach. We’re headed to Hilton Head and turning this three day weekend into a five day vacation. Heck yeah! Unlike our last trip to the beach about a month ago, this one will just be the two of us without other family or little people shenanigans. We’re all about the relaxation this time.
Although there might be some boogie board action again. We’ll just have to buy one for Chris, since we don’t have any little people to
steal borrow them from this time.
Whether you are going to the beach, a cookout, or having some friends over this weekend, I highly recommend that you make a grilled watermelon and feta salad. You can totally change it up by using mozzarella instead of feta, basil instead of mint, or plain balsamic vinegar without reducing it. You could also just grill a watermelon and call it a day. It would be delicious!
- 1 small seedless watermelon rind removed and sliced into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wedges
- 4 - 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mint or basil leaves
- In a small sauce pot, bring balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thick and syrupy - 5 - 10 minutes, set aside to cool slightly while you grill the watermelon
- Grill watermelon slices over high heat 1 - 2 minutes per side
- Arrange watermelon slices on a platter, crumble feta over the top, drizzle with balsamic reduction, top with mint and/or basil leaves