Cheers, y’all! I know I said to come back Thursday for a cocktail (really it’s a Cranberry Limoncello Martini!) and holiday toast, but I got to thinking – and according to Chris, me getting to thinking is always dangerous….
My point is that if I’m going to share a cocktail (Cranberry Limoncello Martini!!!) for New Year’s Eve, shouldn’t you have enough time to prepare for it and get it ready? So, I made an executive decision. This is my website after all, so I can do whatever I want! This is totally my sandbox!
Here’s the deal. I changed my posting plans and moved things up from Thursday to Wednesday. So sue me. I know it’s early, but it’s just all the earlier we can start drinking, so who’s with me?!?!?
At least now you have time to make this martini. No joke. It’s fantastic. Chris and I went out for a romantic dinner for two at Luciano’s Ristorante Italiano in Charlotte on Christmas Eve and Chris ordered one of the drink specials. It was a Cranberry Limencello Martini. Whaaat?!?!!
We LOVE Luciano’s in Charlotte’s Southend neighborhood. We found it by accident a couple of years ago and keep going back.
FULL DISCLOSURE: Luciano’s Ristorante Italiano is not sponsoring this post. We just love this place.
I totally hijacked their Cranberry Limoncello Martini. So sue me.
Seriously, y’all, this is my last post of 2015. I sincerely wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year. Have a blast during what remains of the holiday season. I wish you all so much happiness and send you a big CHEERS for a fantastic 2016!
INSPIRED BY LUCIANO’S RISTORANTE ITALIANO!
- 2 ounces Ciroc Berry
- 2 ounces Limoncello
- 4 teaspoons fresh cranberry puree, recipe below
- lemon twist and fresh cranberries for garnish
- Sugar for rim, optional
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small pot, combine cranberries and sugar, add enough water to cover by about 1/2 inch
- Bring to a boil
- Boil until cranberries pop, smashing with the back of a spoon and gets thick and syrupy - 7 - 10 minutes
- Set aside until cool
- Transfer to bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth
- Add cranberry puree, Limoncello, and Ciroc Berry to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake virogously, pour into a martini glass, garnish with lemon twist and two cranberries on a toothpick
- Optional - prior to filling glass, dip edge of glass in water then sugar