Cranberry Blueberry Galette
Hi, y’all! How’s your week going? I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a severe case of the winter blues and need some kind of sunshine happening over here! So I baked you a pie!
Ok! Ok! I cheated and baked you a fake pie. Well, what I baked isn’t fake. I baked something that’s real. It’s just not really a pie. It’s an easy free-form pie otherwise known as a galette. You can call it a tart if that blows your dress up. This is a judgment free zone.
I’m just so happy looking at all these bright and cheery berries! I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but here it’s been either dark, gloomy, rainy, and humid or dark, gloomy, rainy, and cold. Oh! And don’t forget windy. I’m not joking when I say the wind has been so crazy there are trees and power lines falling all over the place! Whaaaat? So, I’m totally ready for some warm weather and sunshine! Who’s with me?!
Fortunately, spring is right around the corner and so is my birthday! Woot! It sure will be great to turn 29 again. 😉
What are you laughing at? 🙂
Have a fantastic weekend, friends!
Author: Rachelle Corson-Webber
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cranberries, blueberries, sugar, hone, water, lemon and lemon zest in a saucepan
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until thick and syrupy
- Place pie crust on a parchment lined baking pan
- Spoon berry mixture to center of the pie crust
- Fold edges up and around the outside of the berries
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water in a bowl
- Using a pastry brush, coat pie crust with egg wash
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, until the pie crust is golden brown