I was going to come at you with another salad today, but since Mondays usually blow we’re taking a different direction. How about we start out this week with some Coco Loco Porter Caramelized Onion Crostini. Heck Yeah! And yes indeed I said Coco Loco Porter. It’s an award winning craft beer from Charlotte’s own NoDa Brewing Company.
So if you have to go back to work on a Monday, shouldn’t you start with beer right out of the gate? Who’s with me?
What? You don’t have beer for breakfast on Mondays?
Don’t judge me.
If you don’t have beer for breakfast, as an alternative you can feel 100% confident serving these Coco Loco Porter Caramelized Onion Crostini at your next NFL playoffs get together. I mean, seriously. It’s an appetizer or party food perfect for football because it also includes beer! Duh.
Trust me. You can’t go wrong. If you can’t get NoDa’s beer where you are, you can substitute a porter that’s totally your jam.
Happy Monday and Cheers to a fantastic week, yo!
- 5 sweet or Vadalia onions sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can NoDa Brewing Company CoCo LoCo Porter
- Baguette sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium to medium high and melt butter and olive oil
- Add onions and CoCo LoCo Porter
- Cover for 5-6 minutes
- Uncover and stir
- Increase heat to medium high and stir
- Continue stirring and caramelizing until golden and sweet
- Arrange baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet and broil 3 minutes
- Top with CoCo LoCo Caramelized Onions and sprinkle with parmesan
- Broil for 2-3 minutes
- Serve immediately