Briney Melon Gose and Blueberry Popsicles
It’s Popsicle Week, yo!
First of all, I would like to say that this is not a sponsored post and I am not stalking Anderson Valley Brewing Company. I just really love their beer and I’m totally digging their gose selection right now.
I’m also keeping things pretty short today, because what more do you need than some Briney Melon Gose and Blueberry Popsicles to celebrate Popsicle Week and head into a holiday weekend.
I’m not going to be the Popsicle Week buzz-kill by dwelling on the negative, but y’all know 2017 has not been kind to my family. So I’m kicking off Popsicle Week and checking out for a bit. I’m taking a break from all things blog for the month of July. I’ll be spending some quality time on the lake, doing a bit of kayaking, and headed to the beach for a welcome week-long vacation. Don’t worry about the fur babies – as always, we have a house/pet sitter.
Happy Popsicle Week, friends and have a great July. I’ll be back sometime in August, but until then there are all kinds of Popsicle recipes you need to try over at Billy’s website Wit and Vinegar. Go check out his Popsicle Week page. Cheers!
- 1 12 ounce can Briney Melon Gose from Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 pint blueberries, divided
- Reserve about 20 blueberries and combine remaining blueberries and simple syrup in a blender and puree until smooth
- Add beer and blend until combined
- Pour blueberry and beer mixture into the bottom 1/3 of each popsicle mold and transfer to freezer for about 1 hour
- Remove from freezer and drop a couple of blueberries into each mold
- Top with remaining blueberry/beer mixture
- Insert sticks and cover with lid overnight or otherwise freeze according to popsicle mold instructions
- If you can’t find this Briney Melon Gose another sour beer will be fine
- I found that if I filled my popsicle molds too close to the top the lid freezes to any overflow and is a complete pain to get off
- Be careful when pulling the popsicles out of the mold. Don’t rush or they will break. Just take your time and they’ll be fine.