Bourbon, Maple, and Brown Sugar Roasted Baby Rainbow Carrots
Happy Thanksgiving week, y’all! I can’t believe we’re already here and just days away from the biggest food holiday of the year! Woot!
I’m not completely organized yet. We we have most (but not all) of our supplies.
I happened across some baby rainbow carrots at the grocery and nearly had a heart attack! I can never find sexy versions of vegetables. I’m not hating on the orange carrot or the purple beet, but it’s so much fun when you can find a variety of colors to jazz things up a bit! I mean, purple carrots and yellow beets? That’s switching things up!
I bought every last little colorful carrot I could find.
And covered them in bourbon, brown sugar, and maple syrup then roasted them.
I’m glad I saved some to bourbon-ize and roast for our Thanksgiving holiday! I highly recommend that you do it too!
P. S. There’s still time to enter the giveaway!
- 32 ounces baby rainbow carrots
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine bourbon, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Toss with carrots in a large bowl until well coated
- Transfer carrots to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Season with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes, remove and stir, making sure all carrots are still coated, if not, add another tablespoon of maple syrup if they look dry.
- Return to oven and roast another 5 minutes
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley if desired