No-Churn Ice Cream is the new popsicle over here. The object of my obsession has shifted and there’s a new kid in town.
I just finished up a stay-cation, so I thought a little bourbon would be an appropriate way to take the edge of of going back to work. Help me Rhonda, I was totally right. There’s nothing like trying to dig your way out of an inbox that has been neglected for 9 days. Could someone kindly pass the bourbon and the ice cream?
Oh, wait! wait! I almost forgot! I like to keep things easy, so we (and as usual, I mean me) just went ahead and put the bourbon in the ice cream. Because that’s just the way we roll. All in one and one for all!
We decided (quite easily) to go with some Bourbon Brown Sugar Peaches and Cream No-Churn Ice Cream. Who’s with me?
We started out with some peaches and brown sugar tossed in a pan to simmer in a warm bourbon jacuzzi. We cool them down in a mixture of whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and because it just wouldn’t be the same without, we added some vanilla bean paste. Duh.
I mean look at those beautiful vanilla beans! Every girl needs her accessories, and this diva is no different. She’s sporting her beautiful bean specks like nobody’s business.
I warn you now, don’t be fooled by her dainty feminine beauty and pretty peaches and cream complexion. Y’all, this is the American Ninja Warrior of the no-churn ice cream world and not for the faint of heart. She’s a sexy, smoky, bourbon-y bombshell. She will seduce you and reduce you to your knees while you hold your spoon drooling and begging for more.
Some more of this Bourbon Brown Sugar Peaches and Cream No-Churn Ice Cream and I might be ready to deal with that inbox.
I’m glad we had this little talk.
- 6-8 peaches, pealed, pitted, and diced or roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- Mint, optional for garnish
- Chill bowl and whisk of stand mixer in freezer 15 - 20 minutes prior to whipping cream
- Combine peaches, brown sugar, and bourbon in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until brown sugar is dissolved and peaches are softened, but not mushy - set aside to cool
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste in a large bowl
- Add heavy cream to bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whip cream until soft peaks form - 2 - 3 minutes
- Fold whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk
- Stir in bourbon brown sugar peaches
- Transfer to a loaf pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze overnight
- Serve garnished with mint if desired