It’s Popsicle Week happy hour!
You didn’t think I would end Popsicle Week without giving you a boozy popsicle, did you? I realize that it may be early in the morning when this post hits the interwebs, but it is Friday and the last day of Popsicle Week. Billy at Wit & Vinegar has hosted this party and you should seriously check out his website because this post almost made me blow beer out my nose.
Speaking of beer, we used some boozy hard root beer in these popsicles. You could substitute some regular root beer, but I don’t know whyyyyyy in tarnation you would want to do that.
And they even get all kind of foamy on top (or bottom?) just they way a root beer float (boozy or otherwise) does!
I couldn’t think of a better way to say good-bye and see you next year Popsicle Week! Cheers, y’all! Have a fantastic weekend!
Oh hey! Wait! Wait! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway! You could win a $100 Amazon gift card or a really cool baking collection!
- 2-3 cups your favorite vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 12 ounce bottle of your favorite hard root beer
- Scoop ice cream into molds about 1/2 - 3/4 full
- Slowly pour root beer in over the ice cream, careful not to overflow
- Let root beer settle for the foam to go down and slowly add more
- Repeat until full - I had a little bit of root beer leftover, which I promptly drank
- Cover and insert sticks
- Freeze overnight