Blood Orange Gose Margarita
It’s Margarita Week!
What better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than with a collection of all things margarita! Kate at Hola Jalapeno has rounded up 7 days worth of margarita cocktail recipes and margarita inspired food recipes from food bloggers and influencers from all around the interwebs to bring you everything you could possibly need all in one place. Be sure to swing over to Kate’s Margarita Week page and keep checking back because the list gets updated daily. You won’t want to miss any of these delicious recipes.
My contribution is a Blood Orange Gose Margarita. I was inspired by a Blood Orange Gose beer from Anderson Valley Brewing Company. This beer is tart, fruity, and refreshing and in my opinion a perfect addition to this margarita (and magically delicious on its own).
Happy Margarita Week and have a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo celebration! Cheers!
- Juice of 1 blood orange (about 6 tablespoons)
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces triple sec
- 1 can blood orange gose beer
- Margarita salt for the rim
- Lime and blood orange slices to garnish, optional
- Combine blood orange juice, tequila, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake
- Pour some beer in a bowl and margarita salt in another bowl
- Dip the rims of two tall pint size glasses into the beer then the salt to coat
- Add ice to the glasses, pour tequila mixture over ice, top with remaining beer, garnish with orange and lime slices if using
- This recipe made two Blood Orange Gose Margaritas
- I didn’t use lime juice because this beer is a sour style gose and it’s a perfect balance to the sweetness of the juice and triple sec
- I used Blood Orange Gose from Anderson Valley Brewing Company – I usually stick to North Carolina breweries, but I also happen to really love Anderson Valley and we can actually get it here